What is Giving Tuesday?
It’s a world-wide effort to encourage generosity and community action. Every year, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, you’re asked to give back to the community in various ways.
One way is to make a financial donation to a local agency. We’re excited that you’re considering our church as a place to give. We’re not a huge congregation, but we have a huge heart.
Here are several ways we use to be a blessing to our community:
- We welcome more than 150 people when we host our free community-wide Thanksgiving dinner.
- We are a part of the Corpus Christi Care Portal, an effort to meet the needs of families with children in our community.
- We serve more than 80 families every month through our food pantry.
- We host a school supply drive for a local elementary school and sponsor a Christmas angel tree for 20+ children.
- We host a free community Trunk or Treat event, meant to be a time for families to enjoy together.
- We host Kelsey’s 1st Day which gives school clothes for children.
- We host an encouragement breakfast for the staff of Communities in School (CIS), and several of our members help with various events hosted by CIS.
- We collect at least 6 donations throughout the year that we give to other local organizations doing good work (Metro Ministries, Mother Teresa, etc).
You can make a Giving Tuesday gift by following this link:
If you’re unable to make a donation, that’s okay!
Giving Tuesday is about learning how we can do good in many ways. Are you interested in getting involved in the community? We can help you find a good place to use your gifts to be a blessing, too.
Thanks for your interest in making Corpus Christi a better place!