Summarize the passage by asking Who? What? When? Where? Why?
- Why was going to synagogue a “custom” for Jesus?
- What does Jesus’ choice to read from Isaiah indicate about his ministry?
- Scripture affirmed Jesus’ purpose. How has it helped do the same for you?
RECALLING THE MESSAGE
- How does this message help us make Kelsey known as a loving church?
- What image/illustration from the passage and/or Sunday’s message caught your attention most?
- What other questions do you have about the passage and/or message?
- In what ways did the Holy Spirit challenge you through the message?
- What do you have to do to make the message mean something to you?
WEEKLY PRAYER FOCUS
Pray for those who feel unworthy or ashamed. Ask God for the good news to reach them. Pray that God’s Spirit would annoint us for kingdom ministry.
SCRIPTURE TO HEART
Take time to memorize this 1 Bible verse:
Then he began to say to them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”